Selling a Home
Maybe the kids have moved out and now you need less space - or you just had a baby and you need more. Perhaps you're about to relocate to a new job, or are thinking of retiring.
Whatever your circumstances, you want the sale of your home to go as smoothly possible - and within your ideal time frame and, of course, getting the best price possible. Selling a home becomes easier if you have some guidelines to follow - and at Texas Sold Team Realty – we understand your real estate needs and provide solutions for you.
What's My Home Worth?
If you are thinking of selling your home, you'll need to know exactly what it is worth before putting it on the market. Let us give you a FREE HOME EVALUATION and provide you with wha tyou need to get your house on the market properly. Find out what your home is worth
What About Home Improvements?
If you are thinking of putting your home on the market - the next question is should I do any improvements that would help the sell of my home? Learn more about improvements that pay
How long will it take to sell?
That's a good question. The answer depends on the price the home is listed at and secondly, the condition of the home. If the home is overpriced, it will just sit and sit on the market, while making comparable homes that reasonably priced, more attractive to buyers. Learn more on how long it will take to sell a home
Why isn't my house selling?
If 30 days go by without an offer, it's normal for a seller to ask: "Why isn't my home selling?" When homes don't sell, there are a host of reasons to explore apart from price, but price plays an important factor; it's just not the only factor. Because believe it or not, some homes take longer to sell than others. Learn more about why houses don't sell
Working With A REALTOR®
Why working with a real estate agent makes sense and how to choose one who's right for you. Learn more about using a REALTOR®
Understanding Captial Gains In Real Estate
When you sell a stock, you owe taxes on your gain — the difference between what you paid for the stock and what you sold it for. The same holds true when selling a home (or a second home), but there are some special considerations. Learn more about Capital Gains in Real Estate
Top 10 Tips for Sellers
Today’s sellers may face challenging conditions in many markets, but that doesn’t mean choosing to sell is a bad idea. There are many reasons to sell and most are good ones.
Here are ten tips to get you on your way to getting your home sold.
1. Hire a Professional. This is no time to be navigating the rough waters of the real estate market on your own. You want someone who can help you accurately price your home, bring in potential buyers, handle contracts, and market your home to the masses.
2. Fully Disclose. Are you selling because your current home needs more work than you can handle? Are there infestation problems you’d rather not talk about? You must disclose all of these facts to potential buyers. If they find out after the fact that you withheld information you could be in a whole heap of trouble.
3. Be Realistic about Pricing. It is much wiser to price a home correctly from the start of the selling process than to have an overpriced home sit on the market for months only to have to do a price reduction. You get much more traffic on a well-priced home and newly listed home.
4 . Detach Emotions. Sellers may have the inclination towards adding sentimental value to a home. They see the memories and work they’ve put into a property and think every buyer should recognize this. This kind of attachment will make it harder to make smart and timely decisions about offers.
5. Be Involved. Yes, you’ve hired a professional to handle the legwork and legality of your sale, but you’ll rest much easier at night if you understand the process and all that is going on. Be sure to have regular conversations with your agent.
6. Stage your Home. Staging is a perfect way to help buyers see the true potential of each room. This may mean, however, that you have to tone down your own style and pack away any clutter or extraneous decor.
7. Don’t Hover. Sellers can put a lot of heart and soul into staging and getting a home ready for the market. They might want to hang out during an open house. Resist the urge. This makes it very uncomfortable for buyers. So, during showings of any kind, be sure to make yourself scarce.
8. The Next Step. Are you going to be buying another home? Have you decided to rent? Under normal sales, you’ll have plenty of time to make arrangements, but you also might get a buyer who needs to move in right away. Be ready to take your next step.
9. Be Flexible. It’s no secret that today’s market can be challenging for many sellers. Some markets have seen sharp price declines and shallow buyer pools. This means you need to be flexible on both price and terms. Don’t compromise on your bottom line, but understand that you must be willing to negotiate.
10. Positivity. Focus on the good in today’s market. Pull your attention to the feedback you get from your agent and prospective buyers! Most of all, don’t get discouraged. You will find a buyer!
Selling in today’s market can be a tough, but rewarding. So, whether you’re selling to move up, downsize, avoid foreclosure, or are following a job, be sure to keep these ten tips in mind for smooth sailing.
Related Articles:Top 10 Tips for Staging a Home
How Buyers Compete in a Sellers' Market
Before You List Your Home For Sale
Safety Tips For Home Sellers
Buyer Tips For Negotiating Price
Written by Carla Hill
January 11, 2012